When You Might Need a Staten Island Window Installer
Window installation is a specialized skill best left to professionals with direct experience, so if you have a project that involves window work, it’s best to use a Staten Island window company rather than a general all-purpose contractor. When is the time to call a window contractor? For any project that involves window installation, of course! Here are a few examples:
· New Construction– Whether building a home or place of business, windows are going to be part of it. That’s when you need a Staten Island window installer.
· Home Renovations– It’s easy to underestimate the impact new windows can have on your home renovation; don’t overlook them!
· Expanding Your Business – When expanding your place of business with a new addition, location, or major renovation, windows will be a key part of the puzzle.
· Building an Addition– Windows will inevitably be part of the project when putting an addition on your home.
· Replacing Old Windows– Sometimes you just want to upgrade what you have. In those cases, looking for replacement windows in Staten Island is just what you need.
· Improving Your Energy Efficiency– The world is trending green, and that means energy efficient appliances, improved insulation, and modern windows to take a bite out of your energy bills.
4 Tips on Finding the Best Window Installer
When it finally comes time to hire someone to install your new or replacement windows in Staten Island, you don’t want to hire just anyone. A poorly installed window can result in drafts, leaks, poor energy efficiency, and other long-term problems.
So how do you make sure you’ve hired the right person? By doing your due diligence. You’ve already taken the first step by browsing the Home Improvement Contractors of Staten Island. Here are some other steps you can take to be sure you’re doing business with the best State Island has to offer.
· Read Reviews– You can’t surf the Internet for more than five minutes without coming across a site with business reviews, so make use of the resource and read them. Take them with a grain of salt – one disgruntled customer doesn’t wipe away years of good service – but use them as a first glimpse at potential contractors to call.
· Get Recommendations – Even better than reviews are recommendations given to you by family, friends, and colleagues. Sure, the Internet is filled with places to leave reviews, but the real power is still in word of mouth, so ask around!
· Have A Conversation and Ask Questions– Once you’ve identified a few contractors who may be right for you, give them a call and have a conversation. Ask questions about your job, things that can go wrong, how they do their work and how they troubleshoot. Ask for examples of their work. A reputable Staten Island window store will be happy to answer them for you.
· Check for Licenses and Insurance– a qualified window contractor in Staten Island should be licensed by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs and have a General Liability and Workers Compensation insurance policy. These qualifications are designed to protect property owners from faulty work and jobsite incidents.
· Get A Written Estimate– Once you’ve narrowed it down, ask for a written estimate and/or work agreement. That puts you and the contractor on the same page, which protects you both. Always get it in writing!
Staten Island is filled with some of the most talented hard-working contractors you’ll find, and by following these tips you can be sure you find the best one for your job.