Common Security System Features
Technology has introduced new and exciting features for security systems, from the basic to the high tech. With most systems the basic features still remain the same. They include:
· Alarms– This is an obvious one. An alarm is any loud, audible signal designed to scare away intruders and warn people nearby that there has been a property breach.
· Silent Alarms– Not all security systems in Staten Island support this feature, but for those that do, a silent alarm sends an automatic message to law enforcement letting them know there is a problem.
· Lights– A basic feature both homeowners and business owners alike have, some security systems will automatically turn on strategically placed lights if a motion sensor is activated. This serves to deter criminals, scare them away, and alert you and neighbors that there is a problem.
· Cameras– More common than ever thanks to the technology being more affordable than ever, security cameras are no longer just simple cameras. They can do many things, including stream the feed right to your phone.
· Text Alerts– Once novel, the ability to have text alerts sent to you if your alarm trips is now commonplace.
These are just a few of the common features you’ll find in today’s security systems. There are many others, depending on your specific needs. To find out more, you’ll want to talk to a Staten Island alarm company. Read on to find out how to hire the best.
Finding a Great Alarm Company in Staten Island
If you’re looking for security systems in Staten Island, you’ll want them installed by someone you can trust. This applies to business owners, landlords, and homeowners alike. With so many options out there, how do you choose the best? Follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way:
· Ask People You Trust– Friends, neighbors, family, fellow business owners. Ask around, because among the people you know some of them are certain to have security systems at their home or business. Ask if they like the system, if the installer did a good job, and if they recommend you use them. Recommendations are the best way to find contractors you can trust.
· Check Online Reviews – Online reviews aren’t always the most reliable source in the world, but they can at least give you a broad picture of what people are saying. If you see a contractor with mostly good reviews, chances are that that means people have had a positive experience with them.
· Make A Call– There is nothing like a good old fashioned phone call. If you see some promising contractors who install and/or manage security systems in Staten Island, give them a call. A conversation can answer a lot of your questions.
· Ask Questions – Speaking of questions, ask them. Tell the alarm company you’re calling about your property and about your needs. Ask them about what kind of services they offer and the abilities of the systems they install. The more informed you are, the happier you’ll be with the finished product
· Get Everything in Writing– Finally, before any money changes hands, make sure the full scope of your agreement is spelled out in writing. No reputable security company will do it any other way!